Sunday, March 18, 2012

On Joy

God seems to be speaking to me about Joy lately.  Joy is like oil.  It helps things run much smoother.  It keeps things cooler.  It strengthens the heart.  Without the joy of the Lord, life becomes stale and stress can build up and lead to bitterness.  I'm convinced that apart from a healthy godly sorrow that Christians need once and again, we must be hungry for more joy.  I want to live what Peter said, "Though you have not see him, you love him.  Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory." (1Peter 1:8)  In the face of life's difficulties I want to maintain that joy.  As James wrote, "Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds." (James 1:2)  It is work, but it is God's work.  We can trust him to establish it in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment